Associate Professor of Banking and Finance
Job No: 566132
Faculty of Business and Economics
Monash Business School
Department of Banking and Finance
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
$135,812 - $149,616 pa Level D
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Achieve at one of the top 100 universities in the world
- Where international collaboration is pursued
- Plenty of reasons to be inspired
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Monash Business School undertakes education, research, consultancy and community engagements across all the main business and economics disciplines. It offers a comprehensive selection of awards including bachelor degrees, specialist master degrees by coursework, the Master of Business Administration (MBA), masters by research, and the PhD. Student numbers exceed 14,000, making it one of the largest business education providers in Australia.
The Monash Business School is based in Melbourne, the world’s most liveable city for a 6th consecutive year (ranked by the Economist Intelligence Unit). Melbourne is well known for its coffee, restaurants, night-life and is recognised as the sporting capital of Australia. Melbourne is proud of its excellent healthcare, education, diverse culture and booming infrastructure; making Melbourne a welcoming and exciting place to work and to call home.
The Department of Banking and Finance was established in 2014 and has its roots in the David Syme School of Banking and Finance. We are a leader in the advancement of knowledge in banking and finance education and research.
Our commitment to excellence is proven through our world-class research outputs and contemporary and engaging teaching practices. The Department delivers quality and impactful research that influences industry. We have a vibrant research culture, and engage with industry to drive and deliver relevant research projects.
The Department of Banking and Finance is seeking to appoint a Level D academic (Associate Professor) who will continue to advance the department’s contribution to teaching and research. The Associate Professor will demonstrate:
- a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit and play a significant role within their profession or discipline
- engage in active and strategic activities with the Banking and Financial Services industry
- a strong track record in publications in leading international journals
- a strong track record documenting the ability to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- evidence of the ability to secure external research funding.
This role will also allow the Level D academic to contribute to the department’s research culture, and to the research funding outcomes for the department. The Associate Professor’s responsibilities will also include:
- mentoring and supervision of colleagues at levels A and B
- taking on a leadership position in the department in research or education
- developing course curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- fostering a research culture, obtaining grants and producing top quality publications.
If you would like to be a part of our world-class department and help grow our vibrant and engaging culture, then we welcome your application.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Professor Christine Brown, Head of Department, +61 3 9903 1793
To view a detailed Position Description and to submit an application, please visit:
Enter ‘566132’ in Job Search and click enter.
Sunday 3 September 2017, 11:55pm AEST