5 days left
- Contract Type
Duff & Phelps is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help our clients make sound decisions.
As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at Duff & Phelps. Find out how our approach will change everything for YOU.
Join our team and together we'll power the sound decisions that enhance value - yours and ours.
Duff & Phelps is a leader in applied cost of capital research. Cost of capital is the expected rate of return that the market requires in order to attract funds to a particular investment. The firm authors a series of four annual books, with intra-year updates, all published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. These books focus on U.S. and international valuation theory, and provide risk premia data (e.g., equity risk premia, risk-free rates, size premia, industry risk premia, betas, industry multiples and other statistics, etc.) for use in valuation models, which are recognized worldwide as the premier sources of cost of capital data.
Duff & Phelps is expanding its core group that develops the underlying cost of capital and other data, produces the publications, and delivers data to clients and finance professionals globally, and are looking for a Senior Research Analyst. This professional will work closely with the co-authors of the Valuation Handbook series in (i) maintaining and (ii) furthering Duff & Phelps’ thought leadership in practical estimation of cost of capital.
This position will be located at the Chicago office.
* conducting exploratory data analysis
* empirical research into U.S. and global equity markets and factors driving bond and equity returns
* reviewing financial literature
* The ideal candidate will have earned or expect to earn a Ph.D. in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a focus on empirical corporate finance or have earned a Masters in Finance from a top tier school and have extensive experience.
* a strong desire to develop and apply academic research to solve real-world corporate finance problems,
* a proven track record of having done so,
* possess advanced analytic and quantitative skills, along with excellent problem solving abilities,
* proficiency working with programs such as SAS, Stata, Excel and other statistical and modeling software,
* demonstrated writing ability and experience, and
* a desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
For more information on Duff & Phelps and our work in the area of cost of capital, go to www.duffandphelps.com/costofcapital
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Transparency. Confidence. Trust.