Senior Accountant (Association Office)
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Finance department is seeking a Senior Accountant who will perform professional accounting work. This position is also responsible for performing analysis of financial records and reports, preparation of financial and statistical reports, providing information to Association staff, and reconciling general ledger accounts. The Senior Accountant will also assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports, budgets and audits.
- Prepare monthly government billing reports as assigned, reconciling the related government accounts receivables.
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile financial reports and records.
- Reconcile the government bank accounts.
- Provide technical support to business managers for labor distribution, post the biweekly labor distribution transactions to the general ledger, prepare adjustments, and establish labor schedules where necessary.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile the general ledger and subsidiary accounts for the monthly and yearly book close for the Association.
- Prepare schedules and retrieve documents for all government contract, uniform guidance, state, and financial statement audits.
- Assist with the close out process for all contracts as needed.
- Coordinate with managers and staff to research and resolve accounting issues.
- Assist branch staff with budgets and budget modifications.
- Provide project coding to electronic fund transfers.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in monitoring and managing the monthly and year end book close for the Association, as well as preparing related financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Three to five years of experience in non-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and database spreadsheets. Experience with Oracle a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Senior Accountant” to firstname.lastname@example.org /*','a','/','','\"',' 103',' 114',' 111',' 46',' 99',' 121',' 110',' 97',' 99',' 109',' 121',' 64',' 115',' 114',' 101',' 101',' 114',' 97',' 99',':','o','t','l','i','a','m','\"','=','f','e','r','h','a ','= 0)out += unescape(l[i].replace(/^\s\s*/, '&#'));while (--j >= 0)if (el[j].getAttribute('data-eeEncEmail_WGMfOgmGSK'))el[j].innerHTML = out;/*]]>*/ or to:
YMCA of Greater New York Attn.: Human Resources 5 West 63rd Street New York, NY 10023
New York City's YMCA | WE;RE HERE FOR GOOD.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE