Quantitative Research Analyst
We're seeking highly driven, production-oriented researchers who possess strong technical skills and a thorough understanding of economics and finance, along with the necessary combination of creativity, resourcefulness, pragmatism and attention to detail to develop successful automated trading strategies.
- Utilize your analytical skills, market knowledge and intuition to develop and implement statistical trading models.
- Participate in all aspects of research and trading model development, including generating research ideas, building data sets, conducting statistical data analysis and implementing quantitative production trading models.
- A degree in economics or finance, with extensive coursework in quantitative disciplines or a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science) with extensive coursework in economics or finance.
- Programming experience, ideally including R, C++ and/or Python.
- Strong working knowledge of regression, time series analysis and other statistical techniques.
- Experience building, organizing and analyzing large data sets is preferred.
- The ability to comprehend and synthesize academic literature in finance, economics and statistics.
- Strong financial market interest, knowledge and experience are preferred.
- The ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts.
Quantitative Research Analyst Internship opportunities also available. For more information, please refer to: http://scm-lp.com/quantitative-research-analyst-internship/